Dental Crowns And Bridges
DENTAL CROWN & BRIDGE
Crowns and bridges are a fixed solution to missing or damaged teeth. This restorative procedure uses prosthetic devices to return your smile to its natural state.
A crown is used when the tooth structure is damaged or fractured. A bridge is used when one or more teeth are missing.
A dental bridge is a false tooth that is held in place by the abutment teeth on either side of the gap. Although bridge can be made from a variety of materials such as gold, typically they’re made from porcelain to aesthetically blend in with your natural teeth.
WHEN CROWN ARE REQURIED
- a tooth is fractured or damaged
- too much decay has weakened a tooth
- a tooth is severely discolored
- a tooth is misshapen
- a dental bridge needs an anchor.
WHEN BRIDGE ARE USED
- restoring your smile
- restoring the ability to properly chew
- restoring your speech and pronunciation
- maintaining the shape of your face
- re-adjusting your bite to properly distribute the force when you chew
- preventing your remaining teeth from moving out of the correct position
- If you are fitted with a temporary crown or bridge, avoid hard or sticky foods in that area
- When flossing around the temporary, adhere to the floss “pull-through” method.
- Rinse with salt water.